Call your friends and family anytime from anywhere without the need of installing software on the computer, just by accessing your voipGATE's account online. This is very useful for example in an internet cafe or on restricted computers.
The WebPhone is a free voice over IP (VoIP) service, through a simple webpage:
- You don't need to install any application, the service is working thanks to a Java applet
- The service is working on Windows XP & Vista, Linux ( Ubuntu ), Mac ( Intel ), on several browsers : IE, Firefox, Opera...
- You can use your voipGATE account like the softphone
- The protocol is the same as for our softphone : IAX2
- The webphone allows you to implement a web application around it and use voice over IP very easily
How the voipGATE webphone is working :
- Log in to your voipGATE account ( login and password ) on www.voipgate.com
- Make sure your firewall does not block IAX2 packets
- Accept and unblock the java certificate from voipGATE
- Enter the phone number you want to call
- Make the call
Why it is so interesting ?
The intersting aspect of the webphone is that you are really free to create your own interface. You can add the features you want around it and make a real powerful web application.